How to Measure
Watch our video for How to Measure your curvy customers.
It's a great sales tool for your store staff.
Use a cloth measuring tape to measure your customer's bust, waist and hips. . Avoid a metal tape measure. You won't get accurate results!
- Wrap the measuring tape around her body snugly. Be carefully not to make it too tight!
- Write down each customer's measurements for your records.
Compare your customer's measurements with the bust, waist and hips measurements on the Sydney's Closet size chart.
The dress must be large enough to fit the bust, waist and hips.
Tip: If any measurement is too small, take a larger size. Between sizes? Always order the larger one!
Never guess a customer's size!
- Sizes for special occasion dresses vary widely depending on the designer.
- Select a dress style that fits and flatters your customer's curves.
- Focus on fit not size.
- Tell your customer to plan on alterations for a perfect fit.
- Letting out a dress is almost never an option.
- Between sizes? Always take the larger one.