At Sydney's Closet we make it a top priority to fight fake Prom and Wedding dresses produced by Chinese factories selling directly to consumers. Counterfeiting hurts everyone's bottom line. .
Phyllis Brasch Librach, president and founder of Sydney's Closet, serves as vice-president of the American Bridal and Prom Industry Association. ABPIA, a non profit trade group, is leading the legal, political and social war against counterfeiters.
And making serious progress:
- 9 million counterfeit web pages taken down by ABPIA
- 1,500 counterfeit sites seized by ABPIA in federal court
- 5 prominent members of U.S. Congress back ABPIA's cause to strengthen laws and regulations
- 4 government agencies work with ABPIA including Customs, the FBI and Homeland Security
The cost of the counterfeits is staggering. They rob our industry of an estimated $40 million dollars in market share each month. That is more than $400 million a year.
ABPIA's mission is to:
- protect the Prom and Bridal industry from counterfeit products
- better educated consumers on the dangers of counterfeit products
- provide benefits to member to help strengthen their profitability
Membership is FREE to all retailers.